[Artemisia] Toys for Tots

ChanaMB at aol.com ChanaMB at aol.com
Tue Oct 11 20:46:13 CDT 2005

Toys For Tots

Once again it is that time of year that we the Shire of Arrows Flight do
call upon the most noble and chivalrous folk of our great kingdom. We invite you
to join us this day and show all the honor and generosity of our most noble
society.  The year is 1066 and we are somewhere in England, and it’s
Christmas Day. For days now everyone at the castle has been busy preparing the
special food dishes to be served that night in the Grand Hall. All the castles
rooms and halls have been cleaned and decorated in preparation for this special
day and now all are waiting for the arrival of you, our guests and friends, so
the fun and games can begin.

Activities planned for this day will be many and all will challenge your
strength, wit, speed and skills. On this day we will be determining our shire’s
Arts and Sciences champion. There will be many tournaments this day for fun
and  honor. Tourneys for hard suit, rapier, boffer, and period games will help
all  contestants to collect extra tokens to determine the winner of the day. We
hope  to have storytellers, bards, and other performers to help entertain our
guests  this day.

We ask that you bring you bring at least one toy and a canned food item.  You
may bring more toys and use the tokens from their donation towards bribes
and or rewards for contestants and performers in the different tourneys and
activities of the day. Toys should be unwrapped and unopened in their original
packaging. All food items should be non perishable. All toys will be donated to
 the United States Marine Corps Toys for Tots program. All food items will be
 donated to the local food bank.

The Site: Utah National Guard Armory in Spanish Fork Utah located at 2751 N
Main Street. The site opens at 10:00 AM and closes at 10:00 PM. The site is
dry  and no pets are allowed. There are showers on site.
Directions to the Site:  Take I-15 to Spanish Fork. Take exit # 260. Once off
the freeway turn west on  State Rd. 72 and go 0.4 miles, then turn left on to
Main Street and go another  1.1 miles and the armory will be on the right
hand side of the road.

Site Fees: Adults $5.00, 12 and under $3 with a $3 surcharge for  nonmembers.

Feast Fees: Adults $ 7.00 12 and under $4. Prepaid feast reservations  should
be sent to Karina Tucker at 1937 S Main St. Orem UT 84058 before Nov 6,
2005. Please make checks payable to Arrows’ Flight, SCA Inc.

Event steward: Lord Robert Silverbow of the Fells: Robert Handley 891 East
400 North: Springville, Utah 84663: Home phone 801-491-0450: Cell 801-735-1900
Please no calls after 10 PM.