[Artemisia] Rumors of 40th Year

Julia Jackman-Brink julia.jackman-brink at umontana.edu
Thu Oct 27 08:46:32 CDT 2005

Rebecca Mikkelsen wrote:

> If I understand the story correctly, the Society did not receive any bids for 40
> year.  Except one from HL Morgan Wolf but he sent it after the fact.  So
> the
> Society canceled the event.  I believe this is An Tir's unoffical 40 year.
> However certainly worth looking into.
>
> Landolf, Corwin, Marisa and I submitted a 40-year bid during the second
> reign of Konrad and Kortland.  We never heard back from the Society
> Seneschal.
>
> Rebecca

I understand there were also early bids from Atenveldt and Calontir too.
It may just be that the Board felt there wasn't enough local support or
infra-structure in areas that sent bids. It takes alot to host a really
large event. Economics, facilities, volunteers,...Who knows. I think
there were lots of people thinking about it, but not alot of collective
action. It falls right in line with the general participation the last
couple of years.

Juliana