[Artemisia] Sat Morning update

Cheryl Robertson bcecilia at robertson.myrf.net
Sat Apr 1 09:21:28 CST 2006

Well Artemesia we're almost there!!!!

Other than Dave not sleeping well last night (caused he slept most of the
day) he did very well.  They turned the last IV med off @1AP and just after
his bath at 7:30 the line that was in his neck (monitoring the internal
heart pressures etc) was taken out.  Now he still has an IV line in there in
case we need to do something quick but no more heavy duty monitoring and he
is free from all the cords that went with it.

I think I heard the MD say he can have his last chest tube out but I haven't
seen that come out yet.

The numbness in the leg is still there but he's getting better about moving
it about.  Still can't lift it really.  He sat up in his bed again like it
was a chair and had some real food for breakfast.

He's still very weak but recovering quickly.  We believe the MD wrote an
order for him to move off the unit but they are waiting for a bed.

Now its keeping the pressure up, making sure no infection and beginning to
re-build his strength.

The most hopeful the MD was about his home discharge was Monday and that was
VERY, VERY optimistic.

Will keep everyone informed today.

Love to All,
Mst. Cecilia