[Artemisia] Updates for Dave

Cheryl Robertson bcecilia at robertson.myrf.net
Mon Apr 3 16:26:40 CDT 2006

I told you that next update would come when needed.

Dave has progressed heart wise almost as far as he can at the hospital.  He
is off oxygen right now.  They took out the pacemaker wires that were
keeping his heart working steady.  However,

His right leg is NOT progressing the way it should.  This AM the therapist
and Cert. NA were not able to keep him up while weighing him and he fell to
his knees (as far as I know there was no injury).  It was at that point the
therapist felt that a knee brace would be most advantages to be safe AND
that David needs to be admitted to an intense Rehab program for that leg.

So if the MD agrees that he is stable enough to be moved out (and staff
tells me he pretty much follows those recommendations from therapist).  Our
next move is either to the local hospital Long term care unit for rehab or
one of the other Nursing homes in the area for Rehab.

My insurance will cover ONLY 30days of this type of rehab but we'll see
where we go after the transfer.  Most likely the transfer will happen around
mid-week after all the arrangements have been made.

David is frustrated at this set-back but knows he needs to work hard at
getting this leg back in order.

I will let you know where he goes and when it happens.

Love to all.

Cheryl