[Artemisia] Latest Update

Cheryl Robertson bcecilia at robertson.myrf.net
Wed Apr 5 00:56:09 CDT 2006

Good Evening,

Well, the hospital called around 1330 today and said they had a bed in the
local hospital (Twin Falls) transitional care unit (Skilled Nursing
Facility) and that I needed to come get him and transport him there.  He was
not considered medically fragile at this point so an ambulance ride was not
necessary.  So after about 30' of hunting to find someone to ride with me,
David being very anxious and frustrated when I said it may not be till
morning AND checking the weather and noting that tomorrow's weather would
not be great, I headed out around 1400 or so.

I got him out of St. Luke's and admitted to Magic Valley Regional Medical
Center TCU at around 1930 or so.  It was a pretty rough ride back (great
going up) but it was a wild wind, rain, snow, ice and lightening event for
the entire  way back.  He is in room 357 and the number is 208-737-2357,  He
isn't used to the fact that he needs clothes (remember its' like a
mini-nursing home) so he sent me home w/all his clothes.  I'll take some
back tomorrow.

He's much happier being closer to home and will be getting therapy at least
2x/day so this we hope, will get that problem leg on the mend.  The local
doc is thinking it might be an irritated nerve in his back.  His cardiac
surgeon is not rulling out a small stroke.

Either way, he's back in the home town.  I can take the kids up to see him
more regularly and he will get pretty close therapies for the next 7-10days.

Will write again if the need arises.  Otherwise will save you all these
rambling screeds till he is discharged home.

YIS,
Mst. Cecilia