[Artemisia] Uprising XX

JD Gibson scjd at poboxes.com
Thu Apr 6 00:32:25 CDT 2006

UPRISING XX
June 7–11, 2006	Ririe, ID

A Long time ago in a land not then a kingdom It all began with:
‘The Shires' Uprising
The Shires of Artemisia, having suffered long under the cruel oppression of
the Great Barony of Loch Salann, have determined to crush it in rebellion!!!
His Royal Highness Crown Prince Duke Brian Tarragon, has vowed to squelch
this insolent uprising.  He is mustering the forces of the Barony, which are
mighty and great in number!!!    All Knights errant and itinerant
men-at-arms from beyond the far marches of Artemisia (yes, even Atenveldt
itself) are welcome to join in this cataclysmic conflagration!!!’

Who knew then, what it would become now!  Come one and All to Uprising XX!
We will relive some of the greatest moments of the past in story and battle,
and add some even better ones!  For all the details I’m about to miss, see
the website at http://www.uprisingwar.org.

Scheduled activities include:
§	‘Historical’ Rapier Melees based on the first 5 Uprisings,
§	A Coronet Sponsored Rapier Tournament (Sponsors, find your champion!),
§	The Unbelted Tournament,
§	Resurrection Melees to challenge the most formidable knight,
§	A Queens Tea and Laurels Prize Tourney hosted by the Premier Barony of
Artemisia,
§	3 day Collegium,
§	SHOPPING!!
§	A Middle Eastern Hafla featuring Darbuka,
§	Nights of Gambling with the Artemisia Low Company,
§	Infamous Evening Revelries,
§	Story Telling Contests,
§	1 scale siege weapon Competition,
§	A Ladies Rolling Pin Contest Sponsored by the Abbey,
§	Grand Ball, Royal Court, Awards,
§	and so, So, SO much more, maybe even some knights in armor jumping rope!
§	This is the 20th Uprising, a time to remember the old, create the new, and
celebrate!!!

Pre-Registration is open until May 1st 2006.  Checks will be accepted for
Pre-Registration, but will NOT be accepted at Gate.  Parking is changing
this year, it is being moved closer, and we are assigning parking, based
upon Pre-Registration; So Pre-register early!  Of course we love volunteers.
Site Fees	Pre-Registration	At the Gate
Adult (14 up)	$24	$27
Minor (6 – 13)	$12	$14
Child (5 and Under)	Free	Free
Daytrip		$12
Directions
>From the North, South, or West:
>From I-15, find US 26 by taking Exit #119, US 20 West Yellowstone.  Turn
East on to US 20.  Take Science Center Drive Exit.  Follow the Exit to the
right, (Science Center Drive will become Anderson Dr.). Turn Left onto
Yellowstone Highway. There is a McDonalds & Key Bank on the right side of
the Intersection, and Burger King directly in front.  You are now on US 26
eastbound. Follow the road towards Jackson. Turn left off of US 26 at the
sign for Mountain River Ranch, just after mile marker #352. Go straight at
the 4-way stop. When the road forks, about 1 1 miles from the stop sign,
stay to the right. You will see the large gate and sign for Mountain River
Ranch. Turn right before the gate and take this dirt road about a half mile
and the entrance will be on your right.  Follow the signs.  On site traffic
and parking directions will be given at Gate, please follow them.
>From the East:
Take US 26 through Swan Valley, go past the rest stop about 5 miles, and
turn right off US 26 at the sign for Mountain River Ranch, just before mile
marker #352. Follow directions above from Follow the road.

www.uprisingwar.org/site.htm