[Artemisia] Lunch menu for Crown Tourney....

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Thu Apr 6 23:04:40 CDT 2006

Greetings, fellow Artemisians! I'm sure that many of you are busy packing
and getting ready to journey to our fair barony of Sentinels' Keep this
weekend in order to participate in, and watch, the tourney being held to
determine the heirs of our King and his fair Queen.
It is my pleasure to be able to tell you that you can leave your feast
baskets at home, if you wish!  As part of the lunch (provided as part of
your site fee), we will be providing utensils, napkins, and bowls/plates.
Harvests and trading fees have made our barony so rich that Their
Excellencies Judith and Adne have thrown caution to the wind, and will be
providing throw-away (!!) paper bowls and plates and hot cups for our use.
And lest you all think that these are to be taken home as empty and unused
souvenirs of your journey here, fear not! We are also providing food to put
in them!  (menu listed below)  As usual, ingredient lists for the dishes
will be provided so that those observing personal and religious abstentions
from particular foods may be aware of their options.  It is a simple menu,
but filling, and we're making lots, so no one will need to go away hungry!
For those who do not wish to partake of this lunch, or who are already
thinking of what they might want for dinner, as no feast will be held, Her
Excellency Judith assures me that a list of local restaurants will be
available at the Gate when you pay your fees.  The tourney site is right
smack in the middle of town/the strip, and within pretty easy walking
distance of northern Artemisia's largest mall (Southgate) so there are
numerous restaurants to suit every taste within easy traveling distance.....
(oh, and yes, plenty of coffee places, too....we take our caffeine seriously
up here ;o)
--Maire, off to stir soup....

CROWN TOURNEY LUNCH MENU

Beverages provided:  Hot coffee (Tim Horton's, donated by Mst. Annys), teas,
and hot, spiced cider
Two soups--the first is a meat-heavy pottage made with beef, barley, and
various winter greens.  The second is a vegetarian/vegan-friendly split pea
soup.  Both are taken from period recipes.
Fresh bread and butter
Hard-boiled eggs
Fresh fruit