[Artemisia] Crown Tourney

Theodora (AKA Rachael) ladythea at myway.com
Tue Apr 11 13:06:30 CDT 2006

Well, I had this long, well worded email and it got lost when I tried to send it.  So here's the brief version:

Awards given by TRM Michael and Sati:
Hauk MacLean (Silverkeep) - Golden Gryphon's Talon
Cormac mac Rudri (Sentinels' Keep) - Award of Arms
Ygraine ferch Rhun (Sentinels' Keep) - Golden Pillar
Katya in Raudhara (Sentinels' Keep) - Golden Pillar

HL Hrothgar was given a brand new, really beautiful Queen's Champion tabard, made by Duchess Corisande, Baroness Juliana, and Lady Elise.

The semi-finalists in Crown Tourney were:
HL Terrel al-Qasab, fighting for Mistress Mirr al-Qasab
Sir Uggedai, fighting for Baroness Dierdre
Duke Sean, fighting for Lady Nisa,
Sir Timmur, fighting for Baroness Tianna

The finals, between Duke Sean and Baron Timmur, were a best two of three.  Each took one fight, with Timmur taking the thrid fight, thus winning the tourney.

Their Highnesses Timmur and Tianna were invested on the field, with His Highness Timmur saying some beautiful words to Her Highness that left many in the gallery teary-eyed.

Peer circles and dinner break followed.

During evening court, Thier Excellencies Judith and Adne (Sentinels' Keep), Baroness Antionette (1000 Eyes) and Baron Thorvald (Gryphon's Lair).  The Bard of Artemisia competition was held in between court business.  Six competitors entered, and Sayidda Rashida al-Maaharun (Silverkeep) was chosen as the next Bard.  Also announced was Sieg Geirolnir of Loch Salann, as the new Bearer of the Shield of Chivalry.  The particular act that His Majesty mentioned was that Lord Sieg not only saluted the Crown and his lady, but the lady of each of his opponents throughout the day.

Qadi Da'oud as herald for TE Sentinels' Keep read a challenge issued by the Sentinels' Keep defender, Cormac mac Rudri, to all aother Baronial champions.  This was greeted with some responses, and the tourney will take place at Uprising.

Please feel free to add more details.  I have to get back to work.

~thea

"You are all learners, doers, teachers."  -Richard Bach