[Artemisia] Update

Cheryl Robertson bcecilia at robertson.myrf.net
Wed Apr 12 01:04:07 CDT 2006

   Good evening gently cousins,

I was just sitting here wondering how long it had been since I've updated
you.  Figured if I had to think about it, its probably been too long.

Dave continues to make painfully slow progress.  He gets very tired, very
quickly.  I think his spirits are kind of low despite our best efforts.  He
wants to be home so much but right now he's just not safe.  He is able to
walk w/the brace and the walker but still needs someone behind him w/the w/c
in case he needs to rest.

Yesterday, (Mon) they tried to do an MRI to see if they could confirm a
nerve being pressed on in his back (thus causing the numbness/paralysis) of
the leg but it was just too much.  Dave was having a good deal of pain from
lying flat and felt like the breastbone stitches were being pulled out of
his chest.  Of course they weren't but it still didn't make him feel good.
They pulled him out before they completed the test.  We'll have to wait till
he's better healed for that.  So he will just have to try and get stronger
with PT and not knowing the cause for now.

Overall the doc says he's doing pretty good considering the shape he was in.
I and the kids continue to try and encourage him when and where we can.

Hope to have him home sometime after Easter.

Love to all and if you think about it give him a jingle (208-737-2357) or
drop him a line at:

macspook at robertson.myrf.net

He could use the pick-,me-up.

Thanks again,