[Artemisia] dumb embroidery question

Reuben and Arwen reuben_arwen at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 13 00:03:02 CDT 2006

I'm not the hand sewing type, so please don't laugh too hard! :)  Are a button hole stitch, blanket stitch, and self-couching all the same thing?  I'm trying to find a decorative edging stitch for a late period Ottoman gomlek.  I have documentation for the self-couching, but no detailed pic of the actual stitch and the stuff I do have detailed pics for is way out of my league.  Thanks in advance,  Esther/Arwen

  P.S. The reign of T -N- T should be a BLAST!  Congrats to both new RHs :)