[Artemisia] Uprising Arts and Sciences!!!

Julia Jackman-Brink julia.jackman-brink at umontana.edu
Tue Apr 25 13:02:34 CDT 2006

ARTS & SCIENCES AT UPRISING!!!

We need your skills and participation. If you are attending Uprising,
please consider teaching a class or organizing a workshop. We are
winding down to the last few weeks of preparation and would love to hear
from you!

We also have room for special interest groups if you want a place to
meet and discuss your artform. (Textiles? Brewers? Manuscript Arts?
etc..) If your group would like to be included please send me a note! We
have blocks of two hours available.

You can register your class-workshop or group, check the schedule, or
volunteer at:

http://www.uprisingwar.org/

More updates are on the way! Registration for attending classes will be
on the morning of the day a class is scheduled. (Thursday, Friday or
Saturday), locations TBD.

Special Events in the Arts and Sciences:

A. Laurels Prize Tourney : Grand Pavilion Saturday 1:00-4:00pm
------------------------------------
Come sit and exchange your knowlege and your arts with fellow artisans
and members of the Order of the Laurel. This event is open to all and
will take place in the Grand Pavillion on Saturday Afternoon.

B. Queen's Tea: Saturday, Time and Place TBA.
---------------------------------------

Please come and spend some time with Her Majesty and her guests!
The Queen's Tea refreshments are being organized by the Barony of Loch
Salann, please contact Baroness Rachel if you would like to contribute
goodies. They are encouraging period foodstuffs and since Artemisia has
a great number of talented cooks, here is place you too, can showcase
your particular talents!

C. Wool to Whatever: A Textile Arts Challenge
Hosted by THL Marisa nic Griogar
Registration: Grand Pavillion (Th-Sa)
Time & Place: Wherever you want to work! :)

The Wool to Whatever contest is a competition for the construction of
textiles or textile projects to be completed on site during Uprising!
This is derived from the traditional 'Sheep to Shawl' competition. Any
and all persons are encouraged to participate in constructing
*something* from wool while they are at the Uprising. The idea is to
highlight textile construction projects and for folks to learn,
practice, and/or show off their textile skills!

D. Chivalry Workshop
Hosted by Duke Alan Youngforest

Day: Friday June 09
Time: 4:00 pm untill they kick us out!
Place: Grand Pavilion

The Chivalry Workshop is back! This is a chance for newcomers, knights,
squires, and even non-fighters to come together and talk about all
things chivalric, historical or SCA combat related.

Thank you and we hope to see you all there!

Baroness Juliana & Viscountess Lynn
Uprising Arts & Sciences Team