[Artemisia] Woodland War III

fenton at orderoftherose.org fenton at orderoftherose.org
Thu Apr 27 10:25:31 CDT 2006

Woodland War III is upon us!!!

Woodland War III will take place Saturday May 6th 2006.

Once again Woodland War is a rapier event brought to you by the Terra Sylvan
fencers.  Its an event thats talked about all year and this year we?ve
promised to make it even better!  The scenarios are what make the event (well
besides a good park, good people and a hell of a lot of fun!)  and this year
we?ve got some very cool new things planned.

Not giving away everything but the ?feature? this year will be a scenario
that will become a tradition and was key to creation of Terra Sylva.  It is the
Battle for Woodland.  Now you too can become a lord of woodland and own your own
piece of it!

Site will open once again at 9:00 and go until people want to head out or just
after dark.  Site fee is a donation of 3$  The site is completely dry and
we?ll have smoking areas designated to help keep the park clean (this is our
home after all!) For lunch we?ll be doing a BBQ.  So if you want to
contribute, bring some condiments or extra meat of your choice.  Lunch will be
$1.00 as a donation to the group.  But bring a lunch/dinner seeing as the
nearest fast food place is a city away.

Events website is at www.woodlandwar.org

Woodland Park is located in Farmington Utah, just off of I-15. Address is:

300 S. 200 E.
Farmington, UT

You can view it on mapquest.com by clicking here.  And can view our compiled map
of the parks of Farmington on our main fighter page here.

There are really 3 ways to get here depending on your location from the park.
South (I-15), North (I-15), North (hwy 89).

>From South I-15:

Going northbound on I-15 from SLC take the Farmington exit (I think its #322).
Turn right onto 200 S. (North of Horizon Credit Union). Follow this road up
till you get to 200 E/UT-106 (main street) and take a right. Woodland park is
located just a half block south with a large dirt parking lot on top and a long
white fence running on the South side.

>From North I-15:

Going southbound on I-15. Get off at the Farmington exit #324 and Take a right
on Park Ln. Turn left at the stop sign onto 100 N, and follow road over the
overpass of I-15 into downtown Farmington (road will become Farmington State
Street. Keep going straight at the large bend through downtown Farmington (long
90 degree turn road will become 200 East (main street). After the large bend
about a block down the road you will see the main parking lot of the park.
(Just after 200 south). If you keep going further you will miss the entrance
however you will see the white fence on the west side and the sign that says
woodland park. Turn around and go back to the main parking lot. ;) There will
be a sign before you get there so you can be forewarned.

>From North Hwy 89:

Going southbound on Highway 89. Take the Farmington Exit #395 and take a right
at the light (Park Ln). Follow this until you get to the stop sign at 100 N and
take a left, and follow road over the overpass of I-15 into downtown Farmington
(road will become Farmington State Street. Keep going straight at the large
bend through downtown Farmington (long 90 degree turn road will become 200 East
(main street). After the large bend about a block down the road you will see the
main parking lot of the park. (Just after 200 south). If you keep going further
you will miss the entrance however you will see the white fence on the west
side and the sign that says woodland park. Turn around and go back to the main
parking lot. ;) There will be a sign before you get there so you can be
forewarned.

We hope to see you all there!

Captain Fenton Monterro & Captain Damian Azure
Terra Sylvan Fencers