[Artemisia] Best way to wash a felt hat

Sondra Gibson sgibson at edulog.com
Tue Aug 22 13:39:03 CDT 2006

Well, hot water and scrubbing could easily cause it to shrink...  Handle it
gently, use warm water and soap, but try not to 'scrub' it too much.  I'd
probably let it soak a while, and then rinse and see how it looked... Repeat
if necessary.  Perhaps use a *soft* brush on any spots.  Before setting it
aside to dry I'd make sure it still fit.  Have your lord try it on, and
shape it the way he wants while it's still wet.

Gefjon