[Artemisia] Raptor War Equestrians and Spectators... longish

Yaasamiina Yaasamiina at rmci.net
Mon Aug 28 18:18:41 CDT 2006

Greetings,

Two equestrian tournaments are on the schedule for this year's Raptor
War, The Baronial Champion and the traditional Quest. Champions from
last year's tournaments have designed their tests for this year's
entrants. We hope for a good show in both equestrian skills-at-arms and
in the presentation of personas. Spectators provide the occasion for us
to show off our beautiful, graceful and well trapped out steeds and all
they can do per our command.  The tournament field will be easy to find.
Please come and watch... shade provided. Also, we invite visitors to
Horse Camp... see below.

As the Equestrian Marshal In Charge, I plan to be on site Thursday
afternoon setting up electric containment corrals. There will be one for
geldings and one for mares. The size of each will depend on how many
horses. Please LMK what horses you are bringing and if you are
interested in using one of the corrals. If you need something other than
the use of one of these corrals, please contact me so I can reserve
adequate space for you.

Some Rules:
All horses attending must show (or have on file) a negative Coggins test
report... 2 yrs in state.
All equestrians bringing horses need to camp in Horse Camp.
All equestrians entering tournaments must assist with 'horse monitor'
and 'arena' duties.
All equestrian trailers and trucks may remain in the Horse Camp parking
area.
All equestrians entering tournaments must be authorized /prior /to
entering a tournament. If you are not, find an EqMarshal and get it done. //
All horse poop should be scattered. Please do not leave it for others to do.
Water on site is provided by the creek. Follow the pathway around Horse
Camp.
Check with me upon arrival about use of roads on site... bring bells.
Weed-free hay is suggested but not required.
Trails are rocky, shoes are suggested.
West Nile Virus is in Idaho, vaccination is suggested.
Strangles is everywhere, vaccination is suggested.
No cell service available.
Horse First-Aid is available.
Vet on Call will be posted at Troll and in Horse Camp.

Arena Duties:
1. Setup of the tournament field, a mowed 100x200 feet space. There is
700' of white dagged barrier rope to erect, the berfrois shade, weapons
rack and the mounted martial games to specific design for each tournament.
2. Two tournaments are on the schedule. Here we need help with
scorekeeping, waterbearing, weapons portering and resetting games. All
persons who enter the tournament field to assist must sign a waiver.
Please help us remember this fairly new ruling.

Visiting Horse Camp:
We equestrians love to share the beauty and grace of our steeds and how
to care for them. Anyone interested in touring the camp and visiting the
horses are welcome. Parents please attend your children. We can show you
how to safely pet and give treats... bring carrots or apples. Chores
like watering, feeding, grooming and tacking-up take a bit more time...
volunteer, it's fun.

BEWARE: Horses are contained within electric shock fencing.Yes, if you
touch it, you might get knocked on your butt.

In Service to the Equestrian Dream,
Mu'allemah Yaasamiin al-Raqqasa al-'Alaa'iiyiyya, OL, OP, Cd'O
(Yaas)