[Artemisia] Youth Activities During Solstice

Dawn Tavares dtavares1 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 6 09:22:53 CST 2006

>We spoke during Toys for Tots, during which you informed me that there
>would be children's activities during the court sessions, and other
>activities of the day.   I am writing to confirm that this is indeed the
>case<

Indeed it is. The Loch Salann Youth Ministry will have three or four craft
projects available to suit a wide range of ages; children can create small
gifts for parents and friends based on a snowflake motif. Lady Maeve informs
me that the 7M Guild plans to bring their gorgeous marionnette stage (I
think it's based on an Italian Renaissance original) and perform the heroic
tales that so fascinated children and adults last year. There will also be
traditional rhyming games with some physical interplay to keep all that
youthful energy channeled.

I am told we will be graced with a visit from The Snow Queen and her
consort, Jack Frost, who may have a suprise hidden up his sparkling white
sleeves. And, if the Countess's work schedule permits their attendance at
Solstice, we actually will be playing Pin the Angel Wings on the Evil Count.

We will also be honored with the rare presence of a particular guest from
the far, far north--a kingdom so icy that a magical sled pulled by large,
antlered animals is the only form of transport. This guest and his
soot-flecked assistants will be dispensing largesse from Loch Salann to the
youth of the kingdom.

>my lovely lady wife would like to know if there is anything she can provide
>that might assist, specifically in the way of supplies, goodies and
>munchies, etc.<

Thank you so much. The youth ministries around the kingdom are always glad
for the extra hands and eyes of parents and other thoughtful adults. The
more grown-ups there are to give one-on-one attention, the more attentive,
productive, and eager the chidren are. Cleaning supplies and protective
tarps are always welcome, too.

If you would like to contribute small fruits, nuts, and non-sticky cookies
for the largesse bags, the barony would be most grateful. Cookies should be
individiually wrapped;  we'd rather not have everyone's spiffy velvet garb
covered in crumbs. :)

>We consider this a great service, and would like to, in addition to
>offering to assist, thank you publicly for the time and effort you spend on
>behalf of our children, and us.   We also would like to thank our own Lady
>Bronwyn, of Arrows' Flight, for her work and time.   I kneel before you
>both, as well as all others who minister to our youth, in humble
>gratitude.<

Many thanks, Lord Padruig and Lady Allegretza. It's good to know that Youth
Ministry efforts are not only appreciated, but actually having an impact on
the kids and the kingdom.

Aurora de Portugal
Loch Salann MOY