[Artemisia] Solstice Update

Dame Theodora damethea at inbox.com
Wed Dec 6 15:01:51 CST 2006

Greetings, all.
It is a scant three days until Solstice Court and Baronial Investiture in the Barony of Loch Salann.

As a reminder, a full event announcement may be found at
http://lochsalann.org/solstice2006.html

Please note the schedule listed.  It is our hope to stay as close to that schedule as possible, so that we may have a leisurely feast throughout the afternoon.

The reeve's table will be open from 9am until 2pm. Please plan to conduct your business with her before that time so that she may enjoy the event as well.  This includes all who wish to pay site fees and have not already done so.

There may be a very few feast reservations available at the door, and those will be first come, first served.  If you are not eating feast, you have the option to bring your own food.  We will have some space in the hall for offboard dining, and we have an overflow room which will accomodate many more.  There are also a wide variety of restaurant options within several miles of the site.

There will be games hosted by HL James of Penmore, and there will also be a variety of youth activities coordinated by Lady Aurora (who could always use more volunteers!!).

If you have purchased feast, you will be allowed to set your tables up as soon as you arrive, so you can use your feast table as a "home base" during the early part of the day.  Those dining offboard will need to be a little more patient, as their tables will be used for the arts competitions and merchants during the early part of the day.

Yes, you heard correctly - Merchants will be on hand so you can look for those last minute holiday gifts!

There will not be the "traditional" Precedence March this year.  However, if you (as individuals or households) wish to be presented to the Royalty and Nobility, there will be opportunities to do so during the feast.  Please let me know if you would like to do so.  I am also interested in hearing from anyone who wishes to entertain the populace during the feast.

If you have any questions, please contact me off list.

Take care, and safe travels!
~thea
(autocrat)

Dame Theodora of Trebizond, OP