[Artemisia] Blood clots, PE and clotting disorders

K Ice raudhara at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 11 11:16:38 CST 2006

Greetings all,

I had the exact same thing happen to me on September 29, 2004. I developed
DVT in my left leg and the clots traveled through my heart and showered into
both of my lungs, resulting in a double pulmonary embolism. The scary thing
is that I was very active. After 2 weeks in the hospital, mostly time spent
in the ICU, the Doctors were still very confused as to why I had this
happen. However, recent extensive blood work (2 weeks ago) showed that I
have a clotting disorder that I was born with. This led to the DVT and PE,
and to me having to take special precautions and medication the rest of my
life, as I still have clots in my leg.

My leg had been hurting for 2 weeks prior to the PE and I had been to the
Dr. twice. They told me it was muscle strain. I should have insisted it was
more than that before I ended up in the ambulance that day with a PE.

So I guess my point is that although DVT is mostly caused by inactivity and
sitting too long for extended periods of time, it can also be caused by
clotting disorders that people may be completely unaware of that they have,
as I was.

In Service,

Baroness Katya