[Artemisia] Rebel or not...

Kimi Singson kimisuejoia at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 13 22:39:41 CST 2006

The thing that was so very interesting to me- and the reason I posted it in the first place- was the last sentence in the MSN article. It states that the school mascot used all over the school and on the school literature (as well as presumably the yearbook) is holding a weapon. If they are enforcing a "zero-tolerance" policy then they need to enforce it uniformly. Offering to sell the mother advertising space in the yearbook to put the exact same picture they were refusing to allow elsewhere in the book, to me, negates their point of enforcing a "zero-tolerance" policy. If they want to have the policy, it is their right, and done with a little common sense it is a good policy. However, if you are going to enforce it do it across the board and not selectively. In my humble opinion it is not a parent encouraging their child to rebel by filing a frivolous lawsuit, but a family who is simply trying to point out the absurdity of an administration going too far in the wrong direction. Just my two cents...