[Artemisia] Tangent, was RE: Yearbook Picture

Dame Theodora damethea at inbox.com
Thu Dec 14 10:31:21 CST 2006

I can see Sir Gregory's ideas as a reasonable chain of events. And I thank him for including the link to the actual complaint, as I am glad to read it without the slant of the news media.

As for that kid and his high school picture - I think that if the portraits had been taken on school grounds, and he had brought the weapon to school for the picture, they **might** have cause for enforcing zero-tolerance.  But if the pictures were taken off-campus, there is no grounds.  How is it any better to put the picture in the paid advertising?

The tangent:  I cannot tell you how many times that I have heard of people that were on their way to SCA events that got pulled over by a cop and asked if they have any weapons in their car.  Most of the time the cop was told "no", not out of intent to lie, but out of the fact that we don't think of our live steel as weapons.  Many of us think of it more as jewelry or accessories.

Makes me stop and think a little.
~thea