[Artemisia] Well here we are in the news again.

Mark Chapman whitewolf at lolopeak.com
Thu Dec 14 12:51:32 CST 2006

>>Would any of you be comfortable with a student dressing up like a
>>gangster, holding a Tommy gun?

Yes, I Would!
I would even supply the gun, (Yes, I know where I could borrow one,a semi
auto, but looks the same).
I would have more of a problem with the inevitable cigar in his mouth.
We had rifle marksmanship as a gym class, competition between schools  when
I was in High School (a long time ago in Wyoming).
Teach common sense rather than blindly making up rules, to be followed by
rote.
Disengage your brain & just follow the rules!
My freshman collage yearbook had a family from Palestine poising with their
young children holding AK47's.  That was intended as a real and serious
threat.
A gangster from the 20's is just as much a play act as is Shakespeare, or
the SCA.
Ådne