[Artemisia] In the News--Sorry, Your Grace

Elaine carynvnk at comcast.net
Fri Dec 15 00:32:13 CST 2006

Greetings all:
First, I agree with His Grace Alan: A historical discussion would be nice.

Second, I have one point to make regarding the school dispute:

For future reference, I really hope that anyone contemplating any such
action as the photo in garb with weapons would consider the impact the
resulting legal and media attention would have on the organization.  The SCA
does not need this kind of publicity, no matter who wins. We already appear
strange enough to "normal" people, as witness the recent uproar over "wife
swap."

Some of us have position or profession to maintain in the mundane world;
this kind of thing does not help us.

You may think it's cool; your neighbors may think you're weird; the world
thinks we're all weird.
Please keep that in mind.
Thanks and happy holidays to all
Caryn