[Artemisia] the princes in the tower

Georgia Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 20 11:38:53 CST 2006

Regarding the points made by Michael the Loud

I agree with points 1, 3, and 4, I must respectfully disagree with point 2.

2) Before puberty it is almost impossible to distinguish between male and
female bones unless you have an entire well preserved skeleton.  Even then
it can be difficult.

Having a "near complete" skeleton is not always a sure thing.  My own
skeleton is 85% masculine diagnostics though the softer bits are obviously
feminine.  True, it is far easier to tell a man from a woman.  While it is
frequently more difficult, it is not impossible to tell a boy from a girl
skeletally, within a reasonable margin for error.  Still, with only a small
chip of material, they would be able to tell if the skeletons were masculine
or feminine.  Determining exactly WHO the skeletons belonged to in life,
now, that takes more of the softie freshie bits.

Still and all, I do not advocate disturbing the little dears further in
order to either reject or fail to reject the hypothesis regarding who the
bones were.  Let them have their rest.  Besides, if we know all the answers,
where would be the zest spent in speculation?

My farthings worth only

Malkin
Otherhill
Artemisia

Jo (Georgia L.) Foster
jo_foster81 at hotmail.com

Never knock on death's door........ Ring the doorbell and run. He hates
that.