[Artemisia] Farewell to the Captain - BOTE event

Lynette Stumpp pandabr at srv.net
Tue Dec 26 16:20:56 CST 2006

Farewell to the Captain

January 13, 2007         Blackfoot, Idaho

>From the desk of the Acting Captain of Her Excellency Antoinette's Musketeers:
After continued actions of blatant disregard for his duties, often vanishing for months, endangering the very life of Her Excellency.  In fact had it not been for the quick actions of the remainder of the Musketeers a truely dastardly deed was stopped, a deed that would never have occured had the Captain been at his post.  Therefore Her Excellency has with valid trial found The Captain guilty of negligence, failure to perform stated duty, and of being a traitor to the realm.  Thus she has signed both Arrest and Death warrents.  The Captain obviously has gotten word as he has completely left the kingdom.  As my first official act in this office I have undertaken writs to have his capture dead or alive.

Therefore to the Populace of Artemisia, it is my sad duty to inform you that the Captain of the Musketeers of Her Excellency of One Thousand Eye's is dead (he will be by then).  Join us January 13, AS XLI as we hold a proper wake and funeral.  While all of the regalia, of the office, was recovered, only a small bit of his remains were.  Thus, due to needs to not upset the more sensitive of the populace, this will be a closed casket funeral.  In addition a Rapier Tournament will be held to find his successor.  Although only a member of The Barony of One Thousand Eyes can hold the title of Captain, there will be a prize for the tournament victor, with the title being bestowed on the highest-succeeding member of the barony.

  Feast will be prepared by Mistress Ariel of York.
The feast will consist of Elk and Barley off of her Excellency's own lands!

Site Fee: $6.00 Adults (16 +)
$3.00 Children (6 - 15)
Under 6 Free
Feast Fee: TBA

Site: Blackfoot American Legion Hall, Blackfoot, ID

Directions: From I-15 take exit 93 and turn into town. Follow the road. (It becomes Judicial fairly quickly. There are many twists and curves in this road but don't turn off and you will be ok.) Continue merrily forward. (If you try to go straight you'll hit a building!) Eventually you will come to an intersection with W. Main Street. Turn Left. Get in the Right lane and Turn Right on Alice. Go a few blocks up and turn Left on Fisher.  The building will be on the right, it has some rather big guns in it's yard.