[Artemisia] The Shire of Twae Linnes Spring Thaw

Cheryl Robertson bcecilia at robertson.myrf.net
Sun Feb 5 12:27:18 CST 2006

SPRING TIME IN ARTEMESIA

Spring is returning to Artemisia and the Shire of Twae Linnes would like to
invite all to celebrate with them at their annual SPRING THAW Event.

After the long cold winter let us gather to celebrate the renewal of life in
our lands.  We will celebrate with games, food, and even some silliness.

How about a prize for the best bedtime garb and the best new spring garb!!

For the children, there will be a hunt of the traditional symbol of spring,
EGGS, so  bring your baskets and best hunting skills.

For the fighters among us, our traditional Shire Defender Tourney will be
held. For those who do not partake in the traditional arms a little more
genteel tourney with PILLOWS!!!

Games of skill and chance will be available for play.  Chess, backgammon and
more!

After a day of fun and frivolity we will sit down to a most unusual feast.
The long winter has drained the cupboards of most things but our feastocrat
has come up with a delicious meal to fill our bellies.  The menu will
include all things BREAKFAST!!! Pancakes, waffles, (with all the toppings)
eggs (scrambled and stuffed) sausage, ham, biscuits and gravy, muffins and
the first taste of fresh fruit!!!

During the feast, we would love to hear your best BEDTIME stories or
lullabies. The populace will decide on the best and a prize will be awarded!

This grand celebration will take place in the Shire at the Filer American
Legion Post, 207 Main St. Filer Id., on April 15, 2005, AS XL.  Site opens
at 10:00AM and close at 11:00 PM.

Autocrat:  Mistress Cecilia Di Firenze; (bcecilia at robertson.myrf.net)
Feastocrat: Ld. Dabhaid MacRhaibert (macspook at robertson.myrf.net).  539
Hankins Rd. South Kimberly, ID  83341 PH:  208-733-7340 (please no calls
after 9:00 PM). Please let the feastocrat know of any allergies or dietary
needs.

Pre-registration for feast is highly encouraged and will be taken till April
1st.

The cost for all this fun will be; Site - $4.00 Feast $5.00 13-adult.
1/2price for ages 6-12 and under 5 free.  Make checks payable to Shire of
Twae Linnes SCA Inc.  This is a wet site but No GLASS CONTAINERS PLEASE.
Animals must be leashed and will not be allowed inside.

Directions to site: Take your best route to Filer Idaho. Turn North on
Fairgrounds road. Continue to Main St. turn west (left), proceed one block.
Site will be on your left.  (the link below may be pasted to your browser to
obtain a map to the site, zoom in to get to the street level).
.http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&address=&city=Filer&state=I
<http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&amp;address=&amp;city=Filer
&amp;state=ID>

Come celebrate the return of spring