[Artemisia] Baroness' Champion

Lynette Stumpp pandabr at srv.net
Tue Feb 21 12:52:12 CST 2006

Barony of One Thousand Eyes

Slowly the days grow longer but as the cold, wet and gray of Winter continues to hold us in her thrall. weary members of One Thousand Eyes look for a ray of light in this middle season and behold, there she is! Our shining beacon of grace and beauty, Baroness Antoinette!

Her Excellency's current champion, Lord Roger de Palermo, invites all good gentles of Artemesia to honor his Baroness by attending a mixed contest of arms, arts and sciences and a special quest devised by the Baroness herself in order to choose her new champion. That is, of course, if there are any that may defeat him!  Anyone may play but alas, you must be from One Thousand Eyes to win this honor. Nevertheless, we expect to have a wonderful time. We are eagerly anticipating the Imposing presence of his Majesty, Sir Morgan and the grace and beauty of his wonderful Queen Isabelle. HL Ariel of York is planning what is sure to be a tempting feast and the fighting scenarios are shaping up to be most amusing. It is rumored that members of Roger's own household think that they may be able to displace him. Be sure to see the rivalry develop.  Good luck cousins!

Site info:
Fee: 5.00
Feast:6.00 Payment needs to be received by Feb. 26. Please send check or money order to HL Ariel of York(Barb Paris) 111s Shilling, Blackfoot ID 83221 of contact her directly at a Wed fighter practice.
Please contact myself or Ariel with food allergy issues.

This is a dry site.
No pets

Site opens at 9:00am
Opening court at 10:00am(or at their Majesties convenience of course!)
The heavy list will open at 11:00am with fighting to begin at 11:30. the Rapier list will follow directly.

Feast Menu:

Chicken potage with mushrooms
Baked cheese tart
Variety of specialty breads with herbed butter
Medieval meat pie
Fried tuber patties
Custard Lombarde

Feast Fee includes an Indulgence granted by Saint Alan

Directions to site:

Take the Kings Hiway (I-15) to Exit 93 and turn east( left from the north or right form the south). turn left at Airport rd(stoplight by walmart and Flying J) . Follow airport rd all the way around town to Rose rd. Left on Rose rd and proceed .5 miles to 100 N and turn right. the school is on the left just before you encounter US 91(Old Yellowstone Hiway).

submitted by Roger de Palermo, event steward
208-317-3989 bdawg23 at cableone.net