[Artemisia] FW: (for the sewingclan out there)

Dawn Tavares dtavares1 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 24 14:14:27 CST 2006

Bradley Wolf passed on:

>For those who use and shop at Denver Fabrics, in person or on-line...

Thank you for that. I'll pass this on to the sewing lists to which I'm
subscribed.

>>Fabric stores across the country have experienced substantial
>>declines in sales in recent years. There are fewer and fewer people
>>who know how to sew, and fewer still who have time to sew.

Sadly enough, this mirrors the national trend for all hand crafts. Woodwork,
leathercraft, fine metalsmithing...none of these are being taught to any
depth in most mainstream school systems anymore. Sooner or later they won't
even teach cooking in Home Ec classes.

<sigh>

Aurora