[Artemisia] Preserving My Hands

LadyPDC at aol.com LadyPDC at aol.com
Fri Jan 13 17:04:26 CST 2006

In a message dated 1/13/2006 2:52:45 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
dtavares1 at hotmail.com writes:

I'm  thinking of wearing one of those Hand-Eze gloves recommended for
quilters  who suffer carpal tunnel or tendonitis. Has anybody used one of
these? Is  it worth the effort and money? Or do you get better results from
some  other method? Pain cremes, specific exercises, a certain frame....

I'm  trying to teach my off-hand to stitch, but it's slow going.

Many  thanks,

<twinge>
Aurora de Portugal
Loch  Salann

I had the same problem several years ago, complicated by some  medications
giving me arthritis that effected the same area.  I bought two  pair of those
gloves though I doubted that something so lightweight could be of  much use.
However, I didn't want to wear a wrist brace and knew I couldn't  do needlework,
sewing, or even cooking while wearing something like that.   So I tried the
hands-ez gloves and what do you know, it worked.  Now I put  one of them on
whenever I am going to be using my wrists overmuch, even long  sessions of typing
at the computer and they have been a lifesaver.

Still don't know how something so lightweight can work but they  do.

So, go get one and give it a try.

Debbie