[Artemisia] Preserving My Hands

L.J. Richards xrichards at montana.com
Mon Jan 16 13:00:35 CST 2006

not only do they work, but the Historical Museum has a pair from the 1940s
knitting out of an Army green colored fine wool in the kind of stitch you
make for wrist cuffs (can't think of the name of it--you find it on
sweatshirts these days).  The 'glove' is tube-shaped with an opening on the
one side (where you stitch it closed) for the thumb.  Should come just over
your knuckles (at the palm) and about 3" above your wrist.  I found another
pair elsewhere and tried them out and found that the warmth helps as well.
('Course I have since misplaced them!  Have also tried the ones you are
talking about and they are great too.)

Bronwen