[Artemisia] Re: Internet Part Singing

Mary Hodges hodgemary at onewest.net
Sun Jan 29 15:19:53 CST 2006

The internet part singing project is for any one who is interested.

We found pieces on the internet, posted the websites and the names of
the songs to the list, learned the songs, and then sang them together at
Uprising.  It was great fun, and we had help from the Loch Salann
musicians' guild who learned the parts and played instruments with us.

We need printed music (that's why we need public domain stuff) and one
of the most helpful websites had printed music, separate midi files of
each part, and a midi file of all the parts together so that one could
work up one's own part and then practice against the other parts.  It
was great fun, and about the only way that a far-flung choir can do any
thing in a short space of time.   An additional benefit is that it
allows those who don't read music or who don't have an instrument to
practice with to participate.

So-do some searching and post your choices so we can discuss them. See
http://www.arach.net.au/~algernon/ for a good example.

Cheers,
Jehane