[Artemisia] Raptor War Mini Arts & Sciences Competition

Michele Wolf mwolf at telemetric.net
Mon Jul 3 12:06:39 CDT 2006

I have thought a decent amount about what I would like to see for Arts and
Sciences entries at Raptor War.  I've decide to not be limiting in terms of
the types of entries (leatherworking, costuming, etc) but instead pose the
following challenge:

Persona Development Arts and Sciences Competition

All members of the populace are invited and encouraged to enter *up to three
items* in the Raptor War Persona Development Arts and Sciences Competition.
These items may be from any Arts and Sciences category.  Entries in this
competition require the basic what/where/when documentation with one extra
component:  who!

I would like each entry submitted with a paragraph about how this item would
link to your persona.  Would he/she have made it?  Bought it?  Seen it used?
Used it in the home or the workshop?  Etc.  This is an exercise in
creativity to link this item to you.

If you do not have a developed persona, or if the item is blatantly
unlinkable (Viking Apron Dress for a modern 15th century gal) the paragraph
should then address someone that it would have been linked to.  This someone
could be a historical figure, the persona of another member of the society,
or an entirely made up persona but give us a few details.

I look forward to seeing the Arts & Sciences entries, as well as the Persona
Development at Raptor War.  Judging will take place on Sunday afternoon,
starting at 1pm (provided there are no impending evacuations!)

If you have any questions/comments, feel free to contact me!

YIS,
 THL Giliana Attewatyr
 amefinch at cableone dot net
 890-5779