[Artemisia] Lady Teckla of Unicorn Meadow.....

Elina (Crystal) crystalh73 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 8 00:02:25 CDT 2006

Dear Artemisians,

  It is with humble heart I write to tell you about a dear friend of mine that lives in the Barony of Arn Hold.  Her name is Lady Teckla of Unicorn Meadow (mka Trish Wheeler).  Some of you know her personally, some do not.  She has been playing for many years.  (If you do not know her, please take the time to get to know her, she is a WONDERFUL person!)  She is often found at events in the kitchen, sitting Troll or helping out in any way she can.  She is quiet and meek, but has a heart that could fill, if not overflow, any room.

  Lady Teckla has kidney failure.  She will soon, (Hopefully), go through the process of having a kidney replacement.  Any of you that know about the procedure can attest that it is not a simple “in and out” procedure.  Not only is it a time consuming process, but it will consume most of her energy and finances.  While she has wonderful insurance, she still has a great amount of money that she will have to raise on her own.  She has been working closely with the NFT (National Foundation for Transplants) and they have given her some great fundraising ideas, but she needs our help.

  As Society members, Household members, and most importantly, Friends, we would like to do what we can to help her.  It has been decided that the money we raise from the fundraisers at the Challenge of Sherwood on July 22nd, will go to help Lady Teckla.  We have come up with three fundraising ideas that will take place:

   A Dessert Auction
   A Silent Goods Auction
   A Donation Canister
  If you have something you would like to donate, items for one of the auctions or money, please contact one of the following:

  Desserts and/or Goods for the Auctions:
  Lady Lysette d’Evreaux
  Holly Hamilton
  Event Steward
  Hamilton_blodgett at hotmail.com
  (208) 375-2439

  Lady Elina Knarrarbringa
  Crystal Hobza
  Co-Event Steward
  Crystalh73 at yahoo.com
  (208) 412-0346

  Questions about Money Donations:
  Sir Sagan von Osten-see
  Joe Hopkins
  Longbowman_us at yahoo.com
  (208) 331-2089

  Lady Teckla of Unicorn Meadow
  Trish Wheeler
  tecklameadow at planet-save.com
  (208) 385-7584

  For more information about Lady Teckla or the procedure, please visit the NFT website at transplants.org  Click on “Find a Patient” and then on “Idaho”.  Scroll down and you can read more about this wonderful lady.  You can even make a donation right online.  If you have any questions or comments about the procedure, treatments or where the funds will go, please contact Lady Teckla.  She will be happy to answer any questions you might have.  All other questions should be directed toward Lady Lysette, myself, Baron Tor or Baroness Rachel.

  Disclaimer:  This fundraiser is completely separate from the event.  All checks should be made directly to “NFT” and not to the Barony.  Any checks made to the Barony will be returned.  If you would like to send in a donation, please mail your check directly to:

  National Foundation for Transplants
  Idaho Kidney/Pancreas Fund
  P.O. Box 8756,
  Boise, ID  83707.

  Thank you for your attention to this matter.  We would all like to see Lady Teckla back in good health quickly.

  Sincerely,
  Lady Elina Knarrarbringa
  Purpure Pursuivant
  Barony of Arn Hold