[Artemisia] Our Weekend at Baron's War

Megen hlmegen at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 17 12:57:17 CDT 2006

I am actually thrilled that the Vikings won!!!!  And we will win again next year and keep the great relic!

  If you are looking for another fun event then may I suggest Midge Marsh Melee in the Barony of Gryphon's Lair August 25-27th.  We will show you that the Vikings can host wonderful events as well!  It is our first birthday you know.

  Megen

amani at dragongem.org wrote:
  This was mine and my husband’s very first event. We had a blast. It was
fun seeing everyone in their garb. We loved watching the fencers and
heavy fighters duke it out. The feast was yummy. Court was hilarious and
moving. It’s nice to see a community that cares about each other so much
come together. Before this event we were unsure if the SCA was something
that was right for us but after this event we plan to join
whole-heartedly. Our friends Garath and Magdalena, who accompanied us,
told us how much fun it was but nothing they could have said could provide
us with an accurate picture of the warmth and sense of community we felt
at this event. I think we felt most appreciated when just prior to Court
on Saturday evening we made it known that this was our first event and we
were brought up in front of the populace and shown the proper way to
approach the royals. This made us feel welcomed and cherished. We can’t
wait to get our membership and attend our next event.

We are also looking forward to attending Baron’s War next year and maybe
we can convince more of the good people of Arn Hold to attend and help
Loch Salann pummel those damnedable Vikings.

Amani and Badbh
Barony of Arn Hold
amani at dragongem dot org