[Artemisia] Challenge of Sherwood and the Robert the Hood Ball

Elina (Crystal) crystalh73 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 17 15:51:06 CDT 2006

Challenge of Sherwood and Robert The Hood Ball
  Saturday July 22, 2006

  Hear yea! Archers make ready!  As the temperature has heated up once again in the high desert of western Artemisia, we shall take advantage of the cool morning and enjoy the comforts of cool air during midday at the indoor range as we unite once again in fellowship of the bow.  Their Excellencies Baron Tor and Baroness Rachel of Arn Hold invite all good gentles to enjoy a full day of activities for participants and spectators.
  Activities for this year are various novelty shoots, competitive shoot and most definitely classes!
  A Ball has been added for your enjoyment where “sharking” is allowed (and encouraged) at every dance to rob the rich to give to the poor!  A prize is in store for the member of the populace most likely to be Robert the Hood.

  Cold Feast:  TBA.

  Fundraiser:  Dessert auction and a silent auction of various goods:  all funds will be given to the committee that is raising money for our dear Lady Tekla who has to have a Kidney Transplant!

  Site fee:  $5.00, with $3.00 non-member surcharge.  Children 10-17 $3.00, and those 9 and under are free.  Lunch is provided.
  Site:  Nampa Bow Chiefs, 222 West Railroad, Nampa, ID.  Site opens 9 AM.
  Directions:  Take Kings Hwy I-84 to Exit 35 in Nampa (Sugar beet factory exit).  At the bottom of the exit, turn LEFT onto Nampa Blvd.  Go approx. ¼ mile and you will see an large overpass, which goes over the railroad tracks.  Just before the overpass, turn RIGHT on to Northside Blvd.  If you go over the overpass, you have gone too far.  Turn LEFT on to W. Railroad Street, which is the first street you see.  Go approx. ¼  mile and on the right-hand side, you will find the Nampa Bow Chiefs building with gravel parking lot.
  ARCHERY Competitions provided by the Archery Steward Lord Robert the Strong:  Timed Quintain, Bow Slinger, Grouping Shoot, Wands, Water bags, Children’s shoot TBA, and more!

  Event Schedule:
  9:00 – 10:00    Site opens and Sign-up begins. Range open for competitor warm-up
  10:00 – 10:30  Morning Court
  10:30 - Noon  Archery competitions
  11:30 – 1:00    LUNCHEON
  1:00 – 4:00      Classes
  3:00 - 6:00       Complete Archery competitions
  6:00 – 7:30      FEAST
  8:00 – 9:30      Robert The Hood Ball
  9:30 – 10:30    Evening Court
  10:30 – 11:30  Clean-up