[Artemisia] Barons War Follow up

BECKY LEISHMAN leishman10 at msn.com
Thu Jul 20 09:12:53 CDT 2006

The dust has cleared - wait, there was no dust, just heat, lots and lots of heat.

It pains me to report that the relic was won by the Viking forces of Grypons' Lair. Congratulations, you have once again proven your prowess on the field of battle as well as your ability to endure extreme heat.

To the fighters who managed to die gracefully and drag yourself off to the shade waiting for the youth to plunder the dead... thank you.  The kids had a blast.

Our thanks to Gustaf Greyheart who created and donated the relic, a beautifully handcrafted wooden box holding sacred items within. I understand the items that were stored inside have deep significance.  We look forward to fighting for it's return next year.

The children of Arrows Flight put on quite a grand performance as they pledged their allegiance to Loch Salann... we do hope that you are no longer starving.

We did not get the names of all the persons who handled waterbearing, so I cannot thank you individually, but you have the undying gratitude of the barony, the event staff, and the fighters.  Without you we could have had some serious heat related problems, as it was, we only had one.  The lady in question is recovering and doing well.

Thanks to Chirurgeons, Lady Rowan, Lord Daniel, and Lord Brynjolfr for their fast action in dealing with our one emergency.  You are a credit to your office.

Arts and Sciences were managed by Lady Ashe'el, our thanks to the teachers who gave of their time and talents throughout this event and to the members who submitted entries for the A&S display.

Our youth were attended to by Lady Aurora and Don Azir.  We had record breaking boffer attendance, and I believe the kids had a great time with the water rock toss and all the other activities that were provided.  Many thanks to the parents and others who took the time out of their event schedules to assist with the children, those noted were Padruig and Alegretza, and Miranda (a non parent).  I'm sure there were many others, thank you.

In the kitchen, Bjorn Inn Mikli traveled the distance from Dugway to this event, just to serve the Friday meal.  As always, his soups were fabulous.  Breakfast was cooked by Aaron Carter and the Loch Salann School of defense. Lunch was by HE Casamira and Lady Hildegardis it was quite an impressive spread.  The dinner meal was provided by myself and the Black Hands, that giant grill was delivered to us by Lord Brynjolfr.  Breakfast was cooked by Lord Darius and his crew.  Final kitchen clean up was handled by Lord Sieg, Lady Ashe'el and captain Charles.  The breads for this entire event were handmade by Constance de la Rose and m'lady Alegretza from Arrows Flight.  The foods were all yummy, thank you everyone.

My thanks to Lady Luveday, Danielle de Aurielle, Lady Ginevra and Lady Kadrina for covering the Reeve's table for me so that I could attend to other matters.

Lost and found items include:

Angel plaque

Bag (blue - tent bag?)

Belt - black with ring closure

Blouse, Child's sleeveless top, size 7 (white - sort of)

Bracelet w/ belly dancer bells & red 'jewels'

Camera disposable

Cap, red baseball style - child's

Jumper Cables - owner located -  returned to Sir William Kyle

Knee pad

Mug - glass w frog

Necklace w black/gray beads

Scissors - must be able to describe (very nice - they were loaned to someone who could not remember who to return them to)

Socks - 2 pair (kids? White. sort of)

Sun glasses

Please contact the Loch Salann sheriff if these items belong to you.

And last but not least, to my right hand man Broka Vay, who not only made the new boffers and shields for the youth, but also supported me during all this craziness, ran errands, fixed toilets, etc. Thank you.

If I have forgotten anyone, please accept my appologies and my thanks.

In service

Hrothgar and Bethoc (autocrats)