[Artemisia] Fwd: [schattentor] fun stuff

Syeira ladysyeira at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 25 12:07:27 CDT 2006

OK I had to share...it made me giggle

  Syeira

Fish <fiskr at mato.com> wrote:
          Cheerfully stolen from the Northshield list :)
Fiskr
**********

This came from the Aten List from Maister Iago. Such a cute tale, I
thought I would share the giggle with you! :D

Enika

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Goldihat and the Three Peers
by Maister Iago ab Adam

Once upon a time there were three Peers: a Birdy Peer, a Shrubby
Peer, and a Chivy Peer.

One morning Shrubby Peer and Chivy Peer awoke to find that Birdy Peer
had stayed up all night preparing an elaborate breakfast of porridge.
They all sat down to eat.

"This porridge, which I stayed up all night preparing, is too hot,"
said the Birdy Peer.

"Porridge would not have been served at this temperature in period,"
said the Shrubby Peer.

"Ow," said the Chivy Peer.

"Well, no sense in wasting time while we wait for it to cool- let's
go out and tidy the forest," said the Birdy Peer.

"I do need to look for some rare herbs," said the Shrubby Peer.

"Pretty trees!" said the Chivy Peer.

So off they went.

Soon, a girl happened by, followed by her retinue. She was called
Goldihat, because of her beautiful gold plated headgear. She walked
in to the Peers' kitchen.

"Food tester, test this porridge," said Goldihat.

"This porridge is too hot, your worthiness."

"Food tester, test that porridge," said Goldihat.

"This porridge is too cold, your worthiness."

"Food tester, test this porridge," said Goldihat.

"This porridge is just right, your worthiness."

So Goldihat sat down and ate the whole bowl. Then she and her retinue
processed to the living room.

"Chair tester, test this spot on the floor where a chair would be if
Birdy Peer ever sat down," said Goldihat.

"This spot on the floor where a chair would be if Birdy Peer ever sat
down is too hard, your worthiness."

"Chair tester, test this elaborately hand carved chair piled high
with intricately embroidered pillows," said Goldihat.

"This elaborately hand carved chair piled high with intricately
embroidered pillows is too soft, your worthiness."

"Chair tester, test this La-Z-Boy," said Goldihat.

"This La-Z-Boy is just right, your worthiness."

So Goldihat sat down and reclined, and sat up and reclined, and
raised the footrest and lowered the footrest until *SPROING*. Then
she and her retinue processed to the bedroom.

"Bed tester, test this spot on the floor where a bed would be if
Birdy Peer ever slept," said Goldihat.

"This spot on the floor where a bed would be if Birdy Peer ever slept
is too hard, your worthiness."

"Bed tester, test this pile of leafy branches," said Goldihat.

"This pile of leafy branches is too soft, your worthiness."

"Bed tester, test this racing car bed," said Goldihat.

"This racing car bed is just right, your worthiness."

So Goldihat lay down on the bed, tucked her headgear under the
pillow, and fell fast asleep (because there is no other way to fall
asleep on a racing car bed).

Soon after, the Peers arrived home from their walk and went to finish
their breakfast.

"Someone has been eating my porridge, which I stayed up all night
preparing," said the Birdy Peer.

"Someone has been eating my porridge, and the used the wrong spoon!"
said the Shrubby Peer.

"Hungry!" said the Chivy Peer.

Then they went to the living room.

"Somebody has been sitting on the spot on the floor where a chair
would be if I ever sat down," said the Birdy Peer.

"Somebody has been getting their greasy fingers all over my
elaborately hand carved chair piled high with intricately embroidered
pillows," said the Shrubby Peer.

"Broken!" said the Chivy Peer.

Then the Peers proceded to the bedroom.

"Somebody has been sleeping on the spot on the floor where a bed
would be if I ever slept," said the Birdy Peer.

"Somebody has been resting on my laurels," said the Shrubby Peer.

"Woman!" said the Chivy Peer.

Just then, Goldihat awoke, sat up, and put on her headgear.

"Your worthiness!" said the Birdy Peer.

"Your worthiness!" said the Shrubby Peer.

"Shiny!" said the Chivy Peer.

So the Peers joined Goldihat's retinue, and they went around invading
houses all over the kingdom, and lived happily ever after.

The End

__._,_.___   Messages in this topic (1) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic

You are receiving Individual Emails Change Delivery Settings

        New Message Search
  Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

  Share feedback on the new changes to Groups

  Visit Your Group

   Credit history
   Vehicle history
   Living history