[Artemisia] Re: Historic Needlework List Moved?

Dawn Tavares dtavares1 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 31 10:54:02 CDT 2006

Mistress Maire said:

>Dunno what to tell you about the archives, though...I've never used them.
>IIRC,
>there was some major re-org for the ansteorra.org servers this year....
>This is the info currently included on the bottom of each email:

Thank you for that. I was able to go thru that link to the archives index
page, which does indeed reside at an URL slightly different from the old
one:

http://www.ansteorra.org/pipermail/h-needlework-ansteorra.org/

Looks as if I'll have to re-bookmark all my keeper posts. <sigh>

**Shamless Plug**
For any needleworkers out there who haven't discovered this--the HNW
archives are an amazing resource. It's not limited to one kind of stitching
or just a single specific era, the way most other lists are, so there's lots
of knowledgable discussion about how techniques and materials have evolved
over time. An excellent way to check if your design or method actually comes
from the SCA period or if it's a Victorian interpretation of a period
practice.

>... at present, slaving away on her "piece" for
>next year's Laurels Challenge at Uprising ;o)

Oooh! Would that be the "endless Italian" chemise?

Aurora de Portugal
BLS