[Artemisia] Uprising and Fiber Arts

Sandra Holladay sandrah at webpipe.net
Thu Jun 1 09:22:12 CDT 2006

Greetings to all you fiber enthusiasts out there,

Uprising is such a large event, with so many wonderful things to do, but I
request those who love working with fiber to squeeze one more very small
amount of time into their busy schedule.  Saturday, after the classes I am
teaching, about 12:00 (Laurels Prize is at 1:00) if you would please stop by
the Grand Pavilion so we can talk about the possibility of forming a fiber
arts guild in Artemisia. I have a document that should be reviewed by the
fiber community for discussion and feedback.  This is something that three
of us have started, and we are very excited about it; however, it can only
be successful with the support of all of us who love the fiber arts.

On another note, I had planned on arriving at Uprising on Wednesday, but
circumstances have changed and I will only be attending Saturday.  However,
the gracious HL Eneas MacConcarrigy (Lady Mom) has agreed to bring all
supplies needed and to register entrants for the “Wool to Whatever”
competition.  She will be arriving on Wednesday, so please see her to get
registered.  Registration can begin as early as Thursday morning to as late
as Saturday morning.  Check at the A&S tables in the Grand Pavilion for more
information.  (Remember, the flyer for the Wool to Whatever competition can
be found on the Kingdom Website at:
http://www.artemisia.sca.org/Event/wooltoWhateverGuide.PDF)

I’m looking forward to seeing the projects everyone turns in on Saturday.
Remember, the Fiber Arts rock!!!

In Service to the Kingdom of Artemisia,
THL Marisa nic Griogar