[Artemisia] Fwd: [schattentor] INFO on Pirates, Knaves and Idiots, for the interested

Syeira ladysyeira at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 2 18:16:55 CDT 2006

I thought there might be some interested in this.

  Syeira

PIRATES, KNAVES, and IDIOTS
JUNE 15-18, 2006
Sand Creek Campground
5861 Old Hwy 14 Beulah, WY 82712,*
Get off I90 at Beulah Wyoming, turn left off tha freeway, an follow
the dirt road an follow tha signs, we'll get ye thar!

Site opens as soon as ye get thar on Thursday and closes when yer
leave on Sunday.  (Let's say 3PM on Thursday and Noon on Sunday just
ta make tha rules Goobs happy.)
$10 Per Person or $20 Per Family.  This is for tha entire event, not
per day!
Feaste is $10 per person an will cover supper on Friday an Saturday
Night.  Children 10 an under are $5, lap sitters an plate sharers
(Toddlers) are messy but free.

Friday night will be a nice assortment of breads, cheeses and features
a fine Period stew of Apples and Pork.  Saturday night will be gobets
of GREAT BEASTE (Buffalo) on a stick roasted over a fire with an
assortment of sides as well as bread an cheese.  Feast is proudly
supplied by tha Brotherhood of tha Crimson Cup.

THA SITE IS PRIMITIVE an NOT HANDICAPPED ACCESSIBLE!!
BRING >WATER<  >FOOD<  >LIGHTS<  AN ANYTHING ELSE THA MIGHT MAKE LIFE
MORE COMFORTABLE FER YE!!

Thar be no lightin here, bring yer own.  Keep an eye on yer kiddies, a
small swift river runs through the site.  If yer be wantin to bathe in
the river, use enviromentally friendly stuff only!  The river is
absolutely clear an stocked with fish an we want ter leave it that
way.  Boil tha creek water if ye want ta use it.  We'll be using
stakes an colored tape ta mark off the poisoned ivy we find.  Thar be
thousands of Oak Galls since tha site is an Oak Grove.  If ye need
some to try out period ink, this is tha place ter get it.  Come sit by
tha fire, tell yer best stories, sing yer finne songs, make us laugh,
an have a good time.

Thar be fire sites or bring yer own pit, ya might want ta bring wood.
(Please bring shovels an stuff ter put out that fire.  A fire
extinguisher an shovel is recommended fer every camp.) Yer need need
ta bring your tables an chairs an feast gear fer feast.

Thar will be a new Champion of The Frivolous Order of Tables Grace
Chosen at this event.  Remember, this isn't period finery necessarily,
it's tha pretty stuff.  Tha most beautiful table will be chosen.

Tha tribes are welcomed ta be bringing thar drums an dancing can go on
all night if ye please.  We've got a nice place a little distant from
sleepers fer tha noisemakers an partiers.

Bring yer knowlege of tha wild plants, you may find a Morel or two.
But beware, deadly water Hemlock grows thar.  Thar were no rattlers in
evidence, but they do live in Wyoming and South Dakota, so going
barefooted an poking at little holes in the ground isn't recommended.
Thar be river swifts and cliff swallows that swoop the river to eat
the bugs to entertain ye.  Thar be wild flowers in abundance to amaze
ye, an coyotes far up on the ridge line to lull ye to sleep at night.
Great bloody noise makers (two, three, and four wheeled trail makers)
are forbidden to anything but the roads and thar be few of them now to
be used.  So at night, tha silence is complete.  Thar be meadows for
gazing the stars.  This be a wildlife and wild bird reserve.  Bring
containers for yer trash.

Thar will be fightin if tha Marshals show up an Thrown Weapons.  Thars
to be at least one class fer tha Kiddies on Kite Makin; a treasure
hunt an a codpiece contest an a wet chemise contest an a arts an
sciences competition an a brewin competition for serious entries if
thar be any of yer a commin.

Fer Arts and Sciences, thar will be an open catagory(no
Documentation), Childrens Toys(with Documentation), and Jesters
Garb(with Documentation).

Beware tha IDIOT!  Tha idiot will be clearly marked.  It will cost yer
a quarter ta get rid of tha idiot for half an hour, or $3.00 to be
idiot free fer tha entire weekend. (Tha's tha official idiot, can't
make any promises about tha unplanned ones.)

Merchants be welcome, but make sure ye've got yer papers in case the
WYO Wardens come a sniffin around.

Fer tha camping inhibited, thar be Spearfish about 11 miles away with
some pretty nice inns an pubs an a hospital an vittallers an Sir
Wally's Mart an Sir Cey's Mart an all things not of our knowin.  Tha
little Stateline Store right at tha exit has emergency supplies and
can refill propane tanks.

WHAT YE WAITING FOR?  Get aholt of tha Idiocrat (Event Steward), Lady
Skye at noiregarde at gmail.com Or ye can call at 605-892-7754.
Well, at least let er know if ye be a commin or naught.  It's only
right, yer see.

*Yep, we know it's in Outlands.  Don' be worryin yer little heart, tha
Kingdom Seneschal, Dear Lady that she is, has tha situation in hand.
Besides, only a Pirate would dare it, only a Knave would do it, an
only an Idiot would think it up!

        Credit history   Vehicle history   Living history     Comfort suite at living history farm