[Artemisia] Uprising History - Getting Long

Allen Hall earlalan at srv.net
Fri Jun 2 22:33:40 CDT 2006

Hello All,

Uprising 20 is nearly upon us, and naturally a time to reflect.  So much
Artemisian history has been tied into Uprising!  As such, we in 1000 Eyes
have started a chronology of past Uprisings.  This project is just started,
but we've got a few comments, that follow.

I will take comments and recollections from folks, either here or privately,
and add them into the document.  The idea is to have this all printed up and
displayed at Uprising, along with other Uprising memories.  If you'd like to
contribute great, and if not, that's ok as well.  But I'm willing to bet
that this will bring back some great memories to all of us!

I'll also try to fill in who the reigning Barons and Baroness, Crowns and
Coronets were as well.

There are certainly errors and omissions, none intentional, and I'll fix
them as I get corrections.  The project started on Wednesday night, so have
mercy.....!

YIS,

Alan

Uprising History

#20 2006 Mountain River Ranch. 2 Decades! Michael and Sati, King and Queen.
Antoinette Baroness.

#19 2005 Mountain River Ranch. Our own Grand Pavillion. Sean and Caryn, King
and Queen. Deitrich and Adelheid Baron and Baroness.

#18 2004 Mountain River Ranch. Deitrich and Adelheid Baron and Baroness.

#17 2003 Mountain River Ranch.

#16 2002 Mountain River Ranch

#15 2001 Mountain River Ranch

#14 2000 Mountain River Ranch

#13 1999 Moutain River Ranch

#12 1998 Mountain River Ranch. First year of Uprising with Artemisia as a
Kingdom. John and Aylna King and Queen. A King is Knighted. King John de
Clare knighted.

#11 1997 Krupp Scout Hollow.

#10 1996 Krupp Scout Hollow. Brion and Anna King and Queen. William and
Elizabeth step up as Baron and Baroness.

#9 1995 Indian Springs. Funnel Clouds spotted. From Baroness Cecilia: Year 9
(1995)I believe was the last year @Indian Springs and that was the year that
Mst. Julianna and Sir Kian exchanged wedding vows, I THINK.

#8 1994 Indian Springs. Hot. From Baroness Cecilia: Year 8 was not the year
I want to remember. The year we had that unfortunate incident of having to
remove a person from the site. It also makes me think we had one more out
there, because I can remember autocrating 2 w/Sir Conrad and I don't
remember autocrating the first one at Indian Springs. But I'd have to check
the records. If we had 3 the last would have been 1995 Uprising 9 I think.

#7 1993 Indian Springs. Hot. From Baroness Cecilia: Year 7 I believe was the
first year out at Indian Springs. Their Excellencies wanted that walk
through buffet (which was a last ditch effort to bring back feast @
Uprising). That I believe was also the year that we had 40 fighters down
with heat exhaustion, including HE Lyonel. They were fighting on top of the
plataue/hill and there was NO SHADE. I remember pulling down the sides of
the baronial pavilion and having half clothed fighters wall to wall. They
just kept being brought down the hill in droves. Remember putting a call out
to the camp for towels and cold water to help get temps down. Can remember
looking up at one point and seeing several pretty young girls standing over
prostrate fighters fanning them!!!

#6 1992 Girl Scout Camp. Mud Rising 1. Mark and Jacqueline King and Queen.
Alan and Anna Prince and Princess. Lyonel and Aquilanne Baron and Baroness.
Famous 50 mph Road. Wet and Muddy. Cold showers and real woods! Edward and
Alan knighted by Aten Crowns, Mark and Jacquie. From Baroness Cecilia: Now I
always get 4 & 5 mixed up and forget we did 5 @ Sealander so I checked the
Archives and was right, I had forgotten. 5 was the year that we were so
crowed we ended up with guide ropes crossing over tent doors in that back
area. We did a brew tasting as it became to be known because by that time
Mikhail and Sikman had the Brewers Guild going strong, Brew Ha Hause had
been established and the boys were making homebrew like it was going out of
style!!! That was also the year we served our last feast @ Uprising. Steak
and Rock Lobster and we served a sit down feast OUTSIDE for 300 people.
Realized that year we had dangerously outgrown Sealander and that feasts
were no longer capable of being done.

#4 1990 Sealander Park. Edward and Alessandra Baron and Baroness.

#3 1989 Sealander Park. Edward and Alessandra Baron and Baroness. From
Baroness Cecilia: Year 3 was just called Uprising and the premise ...we were
revolting against the boredom, mundanity and peace of the summer (since we
held it near the end of June). Since there were a number of baronies we didn't
want it to get into a war of the baronies. We wanted to stay within the
concept of a "family reunion" feel where choose up sides for "the obligatory
game"

#2 1988 Sealander Park. OTE now a Barony, Edward and Alessandra Founding
Baron and Baroness. Called "Battle of the Baronys". From Baroness Cecilia:
Year 2 was Battle of the Baronies which, by the way, is what His Grace Brian
always called it from that point onward.

#1 1987 Sealander Park. Idea for Uprising conceived by Mikail the Varangian,
Edward Drakenfeld and Michal Romark. OTE a shire at the time. Following from
Baroness Cecilia. Well the first year was really conceived by Mikhail and HE
Edward in our kitchen one very cold Jan night. Michael Romark help set up
the battle scenarios after Ed and Mikhail hashed out the init. Idea which as
you know was the Shire's Uprising against the cruel tyranny of the Barony.