[Artemisia] Sage Advice Cover

J. Ziegler shauna at bresnan.net
Sat Jun 3 12:26:46 CDT 2006

Jeff Webster wrote:

>OK,
> For all the complainers but not "doers"---Did you see this months cover of the Sage Advice?  Very Cool!!  Well done, Aaron. I have not entered in this debate of what is and what is not appropriate, who is and who is not appropriate and such nonsense.
> However the cover art on the Sage this month is great.  I received mine about 20 minutes ago and I was thrilled at the artwork.
> I can pick out each and every one in that picture. Even though it is by armor or heraldry, that doesn't matter. I think it is very nicely done, and also really personalized to our Kingdom and the events that are taking place now and in the near future.
>  So........Aaron, nicely done. I Like It !!
>
>of course that is my personal opinion, not the expressed or implied opinion of the Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc. or the officers thereof, or the office of the Seneschal of the Kingdom of Artemisia, yada  yada  yada.....(standard disclaimer)
>
>Ulric
>(not That one, the Other one)
>
>"Deo et Regi Fidelis"

I agree entirely! I was thrilled to see the cover this month. Between
the nicely done
shields and surcoats, I could identify all but one of the fighters. The
fighter to the
left in the rear I could recognize from the distinctive armor.

Pop quiz:  Name all the fighters on the cover. Extra points for being
able to
blazon (describe in words) the armory. :-)

Shauna