[Artemisia] Sage Advice Cover

Jeff Webster red_belt at msn.com
Sat Jun 3 16:47:56 CDT 2006

Yes, I know...I know.
  What I meant was that the faces in the open helmets are fierce and forbidding, but do not look like the gentlemen for whom they are representing, (much)
   Heraldry is the only way to recognize these awesome fighters, except for Sir Morgan who has very unique and recognizable armor and closed helm (but no heraldry in this picture)  At any rate, very cool.
 Hard to blazon these as they do not have the colors or the line "crosshatching" that was widely used for black and white heraldic drawings in the Medieval times. Sorry Shauna but with what we have on the Sage cover, impossible to blazon. However if you know the heraldry of these men, easy enough.

Ulric

  "Even though" it is done by heraldry? ;)

  I love the cover, and identification through heraldry is both very period
  and very rare to find in the SCA. It's lovely to see it here.

  -Athenais

  --
  THL Athenais Bryennissa, Golden Pillar Herald
  Artemisian CoH Website: http://heralds.artemisia.sca.org/<http://heralds.artemisia.sca.org/>