[Artemisia] UPDATE to Dragon's Tear XXII: The Battle for Jerusalem!

Jeff Brainard marcocaprioli at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 4 11:40:51 CDT 2006

Oh hearken you hungry Artemisians and  feed on this!

(CHECK OUT THE ATTACHED PICTURE, TOO! hope you enjoy--you too,
BillyKyle)

You all probably saw the announcement for the Tournament of the
Dragon's Tear published in the Sage already, but you haven't seen it
all! Not only is this the oldest event in sweet Artemisia's bosom, but
there are NEW COMPLICATIONS you should see:

REVISED PRICING! That's right--we didn't want to see you to the
poorhouse, so we've changed our prices! You now have the ability to
attend without buying into the kitchen, but we're sure you won't want
to pass up a whole weekend of food for a piddly $10 (do the math,
that's 5 meals, so each meal figures the price of half a latte. Has
Marco told you what he really thinks of latte? Ask him.)

		Fees: Adults: $10 site, $10 feast; youth 12-15: $10 site, $5 feast;
children 6-11: $5 site, $5 feast, children under 6 eat for free but
site
is $5. There is a family cap for families of 5 or more of $75. The
nonmember surcharge of $3 does apply. Please make checks payable
to Shire of Stan Wyrm, SCA Inc.

event announcement for your edification and pleasure:

Dragon’s Tear XXII:
The Battle for Jerusalem

Shake a turban feather and join the Shire of Stan Wyrm in the XXII
tournament of the Dragon’s Tear. We’ve chosen a themed event entitled
The Battle for Jerusalem. We plan not only to hold the armored combat
tournament but also  some melee scenarios including the Battle for
Water and the Quest for the Spear of Destiny.  Their majesties will be
with us to see the halftime show by Mst. Mirr and her ladies.

If you’re not so great at wearing a suit of metal, we have the perfect
divertissements for you, also! We have planned classes to contrast the
development of both middle eastern and European cultures around the
time of the crusades and  fighters willing, the Artemisian Kennel Club
will conduct some games for everyone in its Field Agility Tests (ever
see the doggie Olympics stuff on television? Now think “armored
people.”)

There’s lots more afoot here for the Battle for Jerusalem, but you’ll
have to stay on your toes since it’s developing so much! Don’t be
afraid to call our autocrat *after 3 pm on weekdays* for updates or
email.  Our feast will be a collaborative effort, so you should contact
Marco with any concerns, ideas, or offers to help out.

So you want to know about the site? I’m not going to tell you that it’s
one of the finest sites in the kingdom; you’ll have to see the hall,
outbuildings, water feature, cabins, kitchen, and bathrooms with
running water, showers, and flush toilets for yourself. I will tell
you, though, that if you’d like to stay in a cabin, you should reserve
your place quickly. If not, there is ample camping space and merchants
are (REALLY) welcome. We simply ask that merchants make a meaningful
contribution to the shire of their own choosing.

DIRECTIONS: The location of DT XXII is properly known as Camp Rotary,
located 6 miles south of Monarch, MT on state highway 89.
FROM GREAT FALLS: head EAST out 10th Ave S and keep going. XX miles
down the road, you’ll come to an ARMINGTON JUNCTION. TURN RIGHT. You’re
now on highway MT89. Continue along this road past Monarch (20 miles
but don’t blink). Now go 6 more miles. The road to the camp will be on
the right and starts out with a little bridge over the creek. Follow
the access road to its end and you’ll find the Battle for Jerusalem.
FROM THE SOUTH: Take your best route to White Sulphur Springs/MT
highway 89 and head north, about* 60 miles. The road to the camp will
be on the left a few miles past Neihart and will be marked. The road
starts with a bridge and will have signs to Camp Rotary. Follow the
access road to its end and you’ll be hacking the Christian invaders to
pieces in no time.

Autocrat: Marco dei Caprioli (Jeff Brainard) *see below
Site opens 7 PM Friday,  July 14, closes 1 PM Sunday, July 16

Registration: All reservations must include the mundane name, contact
information, and age of each member of your part, along with their SCA
names. This is a camping event with feast. Please indicate if you are
camping with a group. Reservations must be received by  July 5th to
guarantee your place.  Minor waivers are req’d for all under 18 and
signed by a parent/guardian. Anyone with questions regarding food
allergies should contact the autocrat.

Fees: Adults: $10 site, $10 feast; youth 12-15: $10 site, $5 feast;
children 6-11: $5 site, $5 feast, children under 6 eat for free but
site is $5. There is a family cap for families of 5 or more of $75. The
nonmember surcharge of $3 does apply. Please make checks payable to
Shire of Stan Wyrm, SCA Inc.

Send reservations to the autocrat:
	Marco dei Caprioli
	marcocaprioli at hotmail.com or 406.781.9888