[Artemisia] Uprising History - Getting Long

Kim Rule kimrule at cableone.net
Sun Jun 4 20:21:36 CDT 2006

Oh, I do have memories of Uprising...though I couldn't tell you the
years!  My memories of Uprising tend to muddle together...so forgive me
if I'm not quite accurate. They are so full of firsts for me......my
first one was the year that Prince Alan became Sir Alan.  It was my
first camping event ever.  I remember being in a lodge...and being
overwhelmed by the moment.  I learned the magic of dancing around a
fire...I hadn't had so much fun ever, I think.  That's also when my
friend Armond became Lord Armond...

My son's first camping event was Uprising, when it was at the Boy Scout
camp.   I was with a friend, and Kyle was excited...he had his very own
little tent, and was determined to live in it!  I was able to introduce
my friend to the fun of wandering about the encampments at night... I
remember an evening when a herd of Vikings came mooooving through...I
remember the silhouettes of their horns...

I took my horse to the first equestrian at Uprising...it was so much
fun!  I made an incredible doublet for me to wear, and made matching
livery for my horse.  We looked splendid.  Freydis and I rode together
to another uprising in a caravan with many dear friends...and those that
would soon be friends.  I met the man who would become my husband at
that Uprising...Gunvald-r won my heart that year.

My last uprising was 6 years ago when my husband formally proposed...we
had a betrothal ceremony in our camp...later to have the wedding at
Raptor War.  My horse was not with me that year...

We have left the SCA, but it appears that we can't stay away...The
memories beckon, and I want to make more.  We won't be there this
year...but we'll be at Raptor, and then we'll see about next year!

Lady Iris