[Artemisia] Uprising History - Getting Long

L.J. Richards xrichards at montana.com
Mon Jun 5 20:36:37 CDT 2006

At Uprising #___ (1999 or 2000) I was carried in on a 'fine litter' into and
out of High Court that evening because I had sprained my foot (really!).  It
was soooooo cool!!!  I was territorial Baroness of Sentinels' Keep at the
time.  (So it was super-cool!)

Six (or was it 4? - 6 is better) fine, stalwart gentles lifted me up and
with great ceremony (and me grinning from ear-to-ear), in I came and later
out I went.  When Court ended, and we were leaving I heard several envious
(oh, I'm sure my cousins were not envious - another word, hmmmm, well, can't
think of one so....oh well) commented to the effect: "Well, I've been
King/Queen/whatever and no one's done that for me!"

As if that wasn't enough, to top it all off, Lord Mstislav and Lady Larissa
found a cart and hauled me around to the parties that night (including a
certain Scotch party -- but that's someone else's tale).

That's my best memory of an Uprising ever.

HE Bronwen of Irenwold