[Artemisia] Re: Youth Court & Activities at Uprising

Ellisif in Sleggja elsbet1 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 15 11:23:19 CDT 2006

Lady Aurora, the cookie decorating activity was superb.  My son named it his favorite part of Uprising!  Thank you.

  Allow me to help identify some of the individuals you mentioned in your message...

  Lady Bronwyn y Cardigan, Youth Minister Supreme-- Arrows' Flight
  m'lord John the Rat, child herald of infamy --- Arrows' Flight
  m'lady Katie, one of Bronwyn's "slaves"  --Arrows' Flight (and I might add, they are well paid slaves)
  m'lady Jamie, another of Bronwyn's "slaves" --Arrows' Flight
  at least 10% of the children attending  youth court --Arrows' Flight.

  Because we had such fun this year with our youth and 1000 Eyes really raised the bar on youth activities at Uprising, Arrows' Flight formally offers to become part of the solution next year--we offer to co-host all youth activites for Uprising XXI, with the Barony of 1000 Eyes. Because the youth nearly outnumber the adults in our shire, we feel it's only fair that we pitch in to help organize, advertise, and keep on track the youth activities next year.   We have some great ideas and some talented individuals, and we are quite used to handling hoardes of little ones!!  We loved Uprising XX and we very much look forward to next year, and hopefully to working hand-in-hand with 1000 Eyes on the youth activities.

  Lady Ellisif in Sleggja
  Seneschal
  Shire of Arrows' Flight (which is pretty obvious I'd think  :-) )

Dawn Tavares <dtavares1 at hotmail.com> wrote:
  In all this enthusiastic response to the Children's Court, I'm surprised
that no one has mentioned the amazing donation to the Kingdom Youth Ministry
made at closing court. The generosity of the brand-spanking-new Barony of
Windegate (Shelby, MT) made my jaw drop. Vivat, Windegate!

Regarding Children's Court: I think all the coronets were a bit daunted by
the sheer *number* of kids that showed up; last night Morgan said he'd
counted 120. I was gratified to see the phalanx of teenagers at the back of
the paviliion. Some of the most enthusiastic cheers and applause for the
younger award recipients came from the back of the tent.

I have to say I'm saddened that even more parents didn't make an appearance.

With that clumsy segue I'd like to thank the parents who did lend their time
and effort to the cookie-decorating project sponsored by Loch Salann.
Keeping 30+ children in good, messy fun without tears, tantrums, or broken
tables takes A LOT of adult guidance, and I couldn't have done it without
you. The adults who saw the end results (before they were devoured at
Queen's Tea) were very impressed.

I especially want to thank Mistress Bengta of Gryphon's Lair, THL Bethoc of
Loch Salann, and THL Bronwyn of Arrows' Flight for their herculean efforts
to provide the cookies and frosting supplies. A round of Vivats! for my 3
queen B's!!!

I must thank the lovely young ladies who came as Bronwyn's slaves^H^H^H
vassals. Their calm poise and quick hands kept the supplies flowing smoothly
and with minimal mess. Unfortunately in all the confusion of frosting and
sprinkles I did not get their names. You ladies rock!

I also want to thank Their Majesties and Their Highnesses for having strong
stomachs.

The only question now is...how do I top this activity next year?
(hmm, maybe hot cross buns....)

Aurora de Portugal
Minister of Youth,
Barony of Loch Salann