[Artemisia] Uprising question 2

Megen hlmegen at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 18 18:36:27 CDT 2006

One of the main reasons why everyone was kept far away in the woods battle was because there were combat archers.  Those missles come from nowhere and could be anywhere!  It sucks having to be so far away, but it really is for the best.  Though you may not be afraid of a few bruises, getting hit with a combat arrow without armor on can definatly put you in the hospital.  Trust me.  I can pretty much guarantee that the marshals on the field WILL INDEED tell a fighter to go take a break and get water if they even suspect they need it.  Maybe next year it will change, but that seems to be pretty normal for a woods battle.

  Megen

Toni Jones <destiny29us at yahoo.com> wrote:
  The parking was great, the wonderful men that were
there were so awsome! You know us blondes need as
much help as we can get, it was nice to have someone
to show us exactly where and how to park so we didn't
have to guess by the way everyone else was parked.
The one thing that I personally would like to see is
maybe more volunteers, towards the end these nice
gentalmen seemed a bit ragged and worn.

While I am at it, I would like to make a suggestion on
the water bearing for the wooded battle. I understand
the marshels were trying to keep us safe, but where we
began the water bearing was not a good idea, first of
all the fighters (we all know how stubborn they are)
were not going to walk that far to get hydrated and
there just was not enough time to go out on the breaks
to get everyone. Secondly if safety is an issue my
suggestion would be to have experienced or those of us
that are not affraid of a bruise or two do the back
field. When I am out there although trying to get all
the guys taken care of is the first thing on my mind I
also am well aware of my surroundings and know those
men would NEVER intentionally hurt me and I trust
them.
I do plan on making uprising one of the I have to go
to events, I would be more then happy to do the wooded
battle every year, I am also kinda handy with bandaids
and such:) Please feel free to contact me, this is a
wonderful event my personal favorite and if there is
any need for assistance I am the first to jump in and
help.

Thanks for your time,
Bianca
Arnhold