[Artemisia] Uprising Question 2

Cat no1home at onewest.net
Thu Jun 22 20:07:40 CDT 2006

I really really really really like the assigned parking.
I always daytrip Uprising and for once, I did not have
to go on safari to find a parking space nor did I need
to hike out to East Bumfart Egypt in the dark, in the
wet grass and through all the mud just to drive home,
since in the past, daytrippers have always been stuck
with the parking spots out somewhere past the planet
Gor. Having a reserved parking spot waiting for me
really made a difference in how much time I spent at
the event and my enjoyment of it.  It was especiallly
appreciated when I had to take Miserable von Sinusitis
(otherwise known as El Hermoso Dormiendo) home
early on Saturday evening.  Not having to go on a car
hunt in the back 40 was hugely appreciated.

The only thing I can kvetch about is the exit to the
parking lot ("turn left at the deer") that went through
the swale without a marked route or real road.
Finding a non-muddy high-clearance path through
that swale in the dark was less than fun. Maybe this
could fixed for next year?

ttfn
Therasia