[Artemisia] Interesting Idea

Theodora (AKA Rachael) ladythea at myway.com
Mon Jun 26 12:57:46 CDT 2006

What's good for one Kingdom is not necessarily good for another.  That has worked for the West for a long time.  I don't really see any compelling reason to change the way Artemisia does it.  There are a few compelling reasons *not* to change it.

When this topic came up among some of my friends a few months ago, we had a terrible time coming up with a schedule that would not involve one of the events being in the time between Thanksgiving and Estrella, the worst travel months in our Kingdom.  Travel in the winter in this Kingdom can be extremely dangerous.  While there are events held in Artemisia in the dead of winter, none of them are Kingdom events, let alone Crown Tourneys or Coronations.

It is pretty much an unspoken understanding that if your group hosts an event in the winter months, you should not *expect* attendance from out of the area.  If the weather is good, people will travel, but hopefully they will stay home when it is not.

There is also the matter of the low number of entrants in Crown Tourneys, something I can't see being improved by having more of them.  And what about the matter of getting enough bids for the Kingdom events we already hold?

FWIW,
Thea
"You are all learners, doers, teachers."  -Richard Bach

 --- On Mon 06/26, Michael the Loud < hanhebin at yahoo.com > wrote:

I was at West's Crown Tourney this past weekend and discovered that they hold their Crown Tourney three times a year.  I was amazed on how many times I told me what the benefits were to their kingdom. Definitely an interesting concept and based on how many good things I heard, I hope that idea catches on.

Michael