[Artemisia] What thieves look for, be a hard target

Syeira ladysyeira at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 1 19:50:54 CST 2006

My Lord Fernando's armor both heavy and light were stolen from our car coming back from Gulf Wars a few years back. Of course they smashed a window on our van grabbed anything with a handle and left. We lost a lot that day.

  Syeira

Fyrdman <fyrdman at comcast.net> wrote:

I have yet to see a case where a shield or banner or suit of nasty
smelling armour has been pinched.

dearlalan at srv.net wrote:

>....snipped...
>

>Be a hard target. Use motion lights, dogs, alarms and good neighbors, as
>Tangle suggested. Remember the bad boys don't think like you do, so
>trying to "understand" them is usually futile. They're basically another
>species that looks alot like regular people.

Except alot skinnier with their teeth and hair falling out. Twitchy
sons a guns. too. :)

Sounds like Tangle, with all due respect,
has watched too much Discovery Channel.
Alarms do not work. A burglar can get inside, find what he wants, and
split before the call is even dispatched.
Could they do without the headache? Sure. Will they move on to another
house, maybe, unless they know
what they seek is inside. Your right, though, they will usually seek
the path of least resistance, but buy a system
with an external claxon. Let the neighbors know so they peek out and
get descriptions or plates.
In some cities, the PD does not even respond to them unless it is a
business that sells guns.
Over 94 plus percent are false alarms caused buy user error or weather
conditions. It was determined
in the jurisdiction where I live that it would take seven to ten full
time officers to handle nothing but alarm drops.

If someone wants in your house, they'll get in. Besides, you take your
SCA stuff with you when you leave on the weekends, right. ;)
Your "security expert" does have some good points. A pro can usually
assess with in seconds after entering your home whether it is worth his
while or not. Most are just junkies or tweekers who want that quick
easy to pawn stuff. Your garage should not be neglected either because
they will sooner steel you toolsthan your shield or armigers cloak.

Oh, and Tangle, are associating with known felons. Perhaps someone
should let the Kindom Sheriff know about that.

Cynric

Lady Syeira of Schattentor, mother of DragonBait