[Artemisia] Feast and Youth Activities at Festival of Foolishness

Elsbet Sleggja elsbet1 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 3 13:49:09 CST 2006

  This is a reminder to all good gentles about the upcoming Festival of Foolishness, planned for April 1, 2006.

  Lady Bronwyn y Cardigan has planned a plethora of delightsome  activities for our littlest warriors, including Mad Libs, making Jester  Hats, and creating and then presenting a puppet show (including flaming  sheep??!!) during Bardic.  Please bring your little ones!  We  request that at least one assigned guardian stay with or near your  kids(s) during the children's activities (this is not a babysitting  service...abandoned children will be sold to the gypsies as a Shire  fundraiser).

  OH, and the FEAST!!  You have NEVER had a feast like this!

  The incomparable Lord Bjorn inn Mikli and his host of kitchen groupies  will be preparing a feast of Subtleties such as never seen before in  this Kingdom!  The menu planned consists of:
  Bread, cheese, and Ladies' Fingers
  Mini-cakes
  Robins' Egg Salad
  Here's Lookin At You Eyeball Soup
  Buzzards' Feet w/Gravel
  Pizza (for dessert)

  And did I mention the Professional Jugglers during Bardic?!

  Here is the full text of the event announcement, which can also be found on www.arrowsflight.org.

  YIS,
  Elsbet

  ______

  Festival of Foolishness
  April 1, 2006
  Shire of Arrows' Flight

  And now for something completely different

>From  the Shire that never takes itself too seriously comes the Festival of  Foolishness! Come celebrate the giddiness of the end of winter and  explore all things foolish, silly and peculiar.

  There will be fighting, lots and lots of fighting, both styles. Criteria for prizes will be announced.

  Bring your most foolish A&S projects to display. The only
  documentation required is a statement from you as to why the project  was "foolish." There will be awards with extra points for creativity.

  There will also be a "bad garb" contest with prizes in at least two  categories: outrageously awful garb and mix-and-match garb. So, wear  your neon, spandex, snake-print houpelande (we know you have one
  stashed in the back of your closet!) or your exquisite Elizabethan  doublet over your beautifully embroidered cotehardie (you get the  idea), and come party with the shire!

  And, as the pièce de résistance, the incomparable Lord Bjorn inn Mikli  will be preparing a feast of subtleties for your gastronomical  ecstasy.  There will be a bardic during feast where we hope to  feature medieval foolishness! Please bring your period (or SCA) jokes to
  share. Jugglers are welcome!

  Site opens at 10:00 am and closes at 11:00 pm and is discreetly damp. There is a large city park next door to the site.

  Site Fees: $5 adults, kids 6-12 half price, kids 5 and younger are  guests of the Shire. $15 family cap. $3 non-member surcharges apply.

  Feast Fees: $7 adults, kids 6-12 half price, kids 5 and younger are  guests of the Shire. Prepaid feast reservations are due by March 24,  and may be sent to Lady Kadrina. Make checks payable to Arrows'
  Flight, SCA Inc.

  Merchants are much loved and encouraged to attend.  Please contact Elsbet if you wish to merchant at this event.

  Directions:  The site is the American Fork Senior Center located  at 54 E. Main St. in American Fork, Utah. Take your best route to I-15  and exit #278 in American Fork. Turn West. Stay on this road for  approximately 1.1 miles. The site is on your right. There is a parking  lot behind the Center, but you have to turn in at the business next
  door. There will be signs at the site.

  Co-Autocrats:
  ·Elsbet in Sleggja (Jeanne Foreman), 801-221-8247
  (no calls after 9 pm), elsbet1 at yahoo.com
  ·Lady Kadrina Tanskalainen (Karina Tucker), PO
  Box 2105, Provo UT 84603, 801-225-7218, tuckerka at hotmail.com